Monday, June 27, 2011

Tower of London and Kew Palace and Gardens (photos & video)

Although Brittany and I had visited the Tower of London a year and a half ago, our membership to the Royal Palaces allowed us to back with Jason and Krista for free. We visited the torture room, enjoyed a tour with a Yeoman Warder (aka beefeater), and saw the Crown Jewels. Afterward, we headed out to the Thames to get a few pictures with the famous Tower Bridge--not to be confused with the more mundane London Bridge. We also made a brief stop in Westminster for a photo op.

I do love me some trebuchet.
They enjoy talking about torture and execution because, hey, it's funny!
Jason was a big fan of this Henry VIII replica armour.
(Sorry about the weird shadow on this one.)
Like peas in a pod
The White Tower
Tower Bridge
Big Ben from Westminster Bridge
Westminster Abbey
Later in the week once I had gone back to work, Brittany went with Jason & Krista to visit Kew Palace and Kew Gardens. I'll leave these captions to her, since I was in Canary Wharf.
Kew Palace is one of the more modest palaces we have been to, but it had a very sad history.
I was in heaven with all of the beautiful flowers.
The palace has HUGE grounds. The gardens are beautiful, and they go for about 120 hectacres! Jason, Krista, and I definitely didn't expect it to be that huge.
They had plants from all around the world and several large greenhouses.
We used this as our reference point.
The Japanese Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment