Sunday, June 26, 2011

Roehampton University, Shakespeare's Globe, and Arsenal Football (photos)

I have finished my semester at Roehampton University. It has definitely been a different University experience than I am used to, but still a good one! I will miss some friends that I made, taking the tube and bus down to school (even if sometimes it was miserable), and just hanging around the beautiful campus. Sorry if this post is boring to most of you, but I just want to remember my university experience!

My bus that I took from the tube station almost every day.
Unfortunately it was quite unreliable, but the drivers were always nice!
My bus stop!

I became quite good friends with these geese.
I walked by them every day, and they were quite cute.
Unfortunately they didn't like Sam, but that is a story for another day.
Some of my friends from Uni, Alyssa and Hannah.
Hannah was actually in every one of my classes.
It was so great getting to know them!
Isn't this a ridiculously beautiful campus?!
If I remember correctly this building is the oldest on campus.
It used to be an all girls uni, for teaching teachers.
I was in love with this little bridge. Isn't it idyllic?
Spring sprung, and there were baby birds all over the place. They were so darling.
Later we went to see a performance of As You Like It at Shakespeare's Globe, which was recently rebuilt to resemble the Globe Theatre where William Shakespeare's plays were performed in his day. There is no roof in the middle of the theatre, so we were very pleased that the weather forecast for rain didn't hold up.
The Millennium bridge in London. This is a cool walking bridge and was
actually the bridge in the Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince movie
that got destroyed! Thankfully, in real life, it is still in tact.
Shakespeare's Globe
We chose standing room, as the tickets were only £5. The show was great,
but it was 2.5 hours, so we were starting to regret our choice for standing room!
Such a cool theatre. Much smaller than I expected.
The players
Sam got to play soccer in Regent's Park on a Saturday with some friends from the Hyde Park Ward. I just had fun relaxing in the park. There was also a cute little boy I got to play with that reminded me of how much we miss all of our nieces and nephews. (We love you guys!)
It was fun for him, and very fun for me to lay out in the
sun watching my handsome hubby play his game!
I'm slowly converting to soccer (aka football) with Sam's help. My parents got us both Arsenal jerseys when they were over here (THANKS!), so we put them to good use at Arsenal's last game of the season against Fulham. Although the game ended in a tie, it was fun to be there and experience it. Since it was the last game of the season, the Fulham players did a lap around the stadium to thank the fans. We got to see Clint Dempsey (an American) with his cute kids.
Arsenal (red) and Fulham (white) walking out with the mascots.
(Mascots are little kids that get to walk out with the team.)
This free kick actually went off the post, if our memories serve us right.
You gotta have the right gear for match day!
Clint Dempsey with his two little kids

No comments:

Post a Comment