Thursday, February 18, 2010

France Day 5

We went to the Arc de Triomphe, which was really cool to see. We walked up these circular steps all the way to the top... yea, I was gasping for breath by the time we got up to the top and had to use my inhaler... haha. I'm pathetic, I know. As we were going to walk down again, we saw this elevator. So we just hopped in. The attendant told us that we couldn't go in because it was only for handicapped people, so I whipped out my inhaler and tried to tell him in French that I needed to and he actually let us! I was so stinking excited!

(And yes it kept going and going and going!!)

Next we went to Notre Dame. We had a wonderful time there. It was extra special for me thinking that that was one of my Grandpa Walton's favorite places to go!

The next stop was going to be the Musee D'orsay, which has a lot of impressionist work (Monet, Renoir, Manet, Van Gogh, etc), but we got off on the wrong Metro stop. We were already closer to the Louvre, and it was pouring rain. So rather than walking to the Musee D'Orsay, we just stayed at the Louvre. There was so much to see there, it actually worked out fine. It was so cool to see so many paintings and statues I have learned about my whole life.









No comments:

Post a Comment