Thursday, February 18, 2010

France Day 2

The Versailles Ward was completely in French. We got to wear these headphones that looked like black olives and a missionary translated for us and the other English speakers. It was pretty entertaining! I was really surprised at how big the ward was. I was expecting the Versailles ward to be more of a branch.

We then went to the laundromat. (I know, I know laundry on a Sunday--but we were desperate and traveling!) As we were doing our laundry, it started to sprinkle outside. I suggested we call a cab to take us back to our hotel, but Sam insisted that we would be fine. ("I'm such an idiot." - Sam now thinking introspectively) By the time we started walking it was pouring. Sam put his coat on over our laundry bag, so there he was in the POURING rain walking in his church dress shirt down the streets of Versailles. It was about a mile away. By the time we got back, we were both wet and miserable, and sure enough Sam agreed that we should have called a cab... hehe. He started to catch a cold the next day too... no bueno! (Brittany, I'm pretty sure that's Spanish.)

When we got back to our hotel, we found out all the elevators in our building weren't working--along with our room phone. So Sam worked his magic and got us upgraded to the other building, which was SO incredibly nice. I had never even stepped into a hotel that was that chic! Plus the view from our new room looked directly into the Chateau Versailles' gardens! Lots of little sheep to look at all day! So gorgeous... wow.

Finally, we went down to the pool and steam room. I soon realized that steam rooms do not mix well with my asthma!

Some photos of our hotel:



(Not gonna lie I thought these padded walls on the elevator were awesome!)





The view from our hotel room looking out in the gardens of the chateau:

No comments:

Post a Comment