Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Day in France

We took the Eurostar train from London to Paris REALLY early in the morning. We took a cab from Paris to AMAZING Versailles. The drive was beautiful! I was trying really hard to conjure up any French I remembered from high school, and realized it was not going to get me very far at all. We got to our hotel and headed straight to bed for a nap.



When we woke up in the late afternoon, we walked through the streets of Versailles, which were absolutely gorgeous. We stopped at the Quick Burger (which I definitely remember talking about in high school French class), then went to a bakery and picked up the best loaf of bread I have ever had, as well as some desserts that were to die for. Sigh... I miss their bread.


(The pathway we walked everyday into town!)

2 comments: