Monday, November 1, 2010

A Soccer Wife

So a lot of you probably didn't know me in middle school, which is pretty much the only time I have ever "played" soccer. Played should be used loosely because I would usually just be somewhere on the field making daisy chains, which was also my activity of choice during the baseball section of PE. Needless to say, I have never been a big fan of soccer. When Sam and I started dating, I would go to some of his games. I would play on his iPhone a bit, look up every once in awhile and kind of cheer him on... hey I was there right?!? Haha. As our relationship progressed, so did my relationship with soccer. I actually watch about 3/4 of his soccer games now and only on my phone for about 1/4 of it! haha. I also watched as many world cup games as possible this year! Crazy huh? It's amazing what love can do.

Sam plays soccer with his KPMG office team. It has been a great outlet for him, and a great way for me to get to know some people he works with. For the last few years, he has kind of been in charge of the team, which in turn makes me the team mom! haha. I have had a lot of fun cheering them on, bringing treats (orange slices!), and making sure everyone signs the roster and gets a jersey every week. It's good practice for me to prepare for our kids who will inevitably take after their father and be amazing soccer players! (Hopefully our girls will be volleyball players or cheerleaders though...haha). Here are a few pictures of him playing and of his team!

Go KPMG!
 Oh dear, I love that man!

 Strike a pose!
One of Sam's teammates, Jed.
LOVE Sam's expression in this one. hehe

4 comments:

  1. now now...nothing wrong with girl soccer players! My favorite sport hands down. :) Go Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY nothing wrong with girl soccer players! I just could never play! And now just running the length of the field twice would easily give me an asthma attack..so there is no hope for me now. haha.

    I actually asked Sam this year to teach me how to play soccer and he just laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not very good at soccer either. I was always too afraid of getting hurt so I didn't really try and stop people when they were coming towards me. There's just something about thinking about getting kicked that doesn't sit well with me.

    I think you will be the perfect Soccer Mom.

    Also, that's really cool that you got to meet the designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Emily...my favorite sport hands down. Fun that Sam loves soccer so much. Moms don't always bring orange slices to our girls' soccer games...but I surely keep up that tradition. It's just part of soccer. :)

    ReplyDelete