Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Utah Trip

Sam and I had the fantastic opportunity to go to Utah for Labor Day weekend. He had a recruiting event to attend at BYU. I wasn't planning on going (due to school and work) until I got an invitation to my sweet cousin Whitney's wedding that same weekend! What a co-in-ki-dink! I was so excited it worked out for us to go to the wedding and spend time with both of our families!

 Sam and me at the new Draper Temple

 Some of my Bowen cousins who were at the wedding

 Some of my beautiful girl cousins!

 Me and one of my closet cousins Lindsay (also the sister of the bride)!

 At the BYU football game! ....apparently I picked the wrong time to take a picture...

 Watching the game

 Much better time to take a picture...

 Hooray we won!!

 Sam with his dad and our nephew Hyrum

 Mmm a trip to Utah is not complete without Spoon Me! Definitely my favorite FroYo place!

 Sam and our niece Rachel. SUCH a cutie!

 Sam teaching Rachel about the joys of the iPhone... I think they were playing the popping bubble wrap game.


On Labor Day, Sam and I got to go up Provo Canyon a bit with Brendon, Stephanie, and Henry Holmes! Brendon is Sam's old roommate from college, and it was actually the first time I got to meet them after hearing about them for years! Such a fun day! We went to Bridal Veil Falls, played bocce ball, played Ticket To Ride (LOVE that game) and Monopoly Deal (I did not fare so well in this one...), went to University Mall, and played pool! Beautiful scenery, fun games, shopping, and good company?? That is my kind of day!

Their baby Henry is ADORABLE! Such a fun little boy to play with.

3 comments:

  1. We had so much fun with you guys! Hopefully one day we will live closer to each other. After all, Sam did say Brendon could tell him where to live...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My memory's a little foggy, but I think the condition was that you guys had to come visit us in London. :) Glad we got to see all of you. Henry is the coolest kid. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nephi excitedly said (upon seeing Rachel), "Uncle Sam had a baby!"

    I loved seeing the pictures of your Utah trip.

    ReplyDelete