Friday, August 14, 2009

Wonderful Washington DC

After hitting Baltimore we went to Washington DC! We took a bus tour around to all of the sights! It was so amazing! Here are a few of our highlights (yes there are a lot of pictures!!):



Lincoln Memorial:


Washington Monument:

Korean War Veterans Memorial:
World War II Memorial:
My Pennsylvania man!
California Girl through and through!

George Walton, a signer of the Declaration of Independence! So cool to see a distant relative on here!
John Hancock of course!
The White House:
Yea he is touching a piece of the moon!
I always knew I would make a fantastic flight attendant!
Oh Sam...these ones are at the Smithsonian Aviation Museum by the way!
Spirit of the St. Louis!
I'm just a bill....on capitol hill! It was cool to see Sam standing on the steps that his grandpa walked on! He was a State Senator for Pennsylvania, William B. Lentz!
Arlington Memorial Changing of the Guards. A cool ceremony! They guard the Tomb of The Unknown Soldiers.
A cool cathedral we passed on the way to the temple! I thought it was beautiful so I made Sam stop..hehe.
The Washington DC Temple, such an amazing place! I love that Sam and I know try to always make going to the Temple part of our vacation. It makes our vacation that much more special. All in all a fantastic and crazy packed day in Washington DC! Thank you for taking me to this amazing place babe!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had such a fun trip! Love you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so much fun, I LOVE the DC area! oh, and you WOULD be a fantastic flight attendant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you guys had so much fun. That's cool that you got to see a distant relatives signature too. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete