Friday, May 6, 2011

Visit to Seaton, England

 My parents took Sam and me on a trip around England and Wales. Here is part one of the journey! Our first stop was Seaton, England. One of my ancestors was a Reverend at a parish here in the early 1600's. He went to Cambridge before moving to Seaton. He left from Seaton to move to America and was the first of my Walton ancestors to make that trek. It was such a cool experience to walk to shores he walked and visit his parish.

Mom and Dad on the beach right in front of the lovely B&B we stayed at
Sam and me on the same stretch of beach
The whole Seaton beach was pepples rather than sand. The only two beaches I have been to in England are rocky shores. Not sure if they all are, but that is my experience so far!

This was the beautiful parish where William Walton preached

Mom and Dad in front of the church

The wall hanging that shows William Walton was a Reverend here.

My Dad giving us a sermon

Mom and Dad sitting in the parish pews

Me in front of this beautiful old church

No comments:

Post a Comment