Monday, November 10, 2008

About Me (Brittany Walton)

I was born in 1988 and raised in Campbell, California. I have grown up in the Bay Area in the same house I was born in. I have six older brothers who are all married. Which means I have 6 sister in laws who are all amazing! My parents are Mark and Susan Walton. My dad was also born and raised in Campbell, CA. My mom was born in Virginia and raised in California. She went to BYU, and my dad went to West Valley College then formed his own business, Walton Art Glass in 1972. He creates gorgeous stained and beveled glass windows.


(our latest family picture sans Sam, Maria, Beck and Gibson)

I attended Westmont High School. I was very active in the school. Participating in student goverment and activities, but mainly cheerleading. I was a cheerleader for 4 years. Three of those years were on varsity and as a captain my senior year. Cheerleading was a very rewarding experience for me, and I learned many life lessons that would later come in handy! I graduated in June 2006 (and yes that is the same year Sam graduated from college...and we are only 4 years apart).


After graduating high school, I attended West Valley College as well. I studied there for 2 years while preparing to transfer to BYU. I ended up getting into BYU-Hawaii. However, after I got in I started dating Sam. We fell very much in love. I went away to school for a semester, but that was about all we could stand! School in Hawaii was amazing. It was a wonderful experience, and I wouldn't ever change it. I think moving away made both Sam and me realize how in love we truly were. I came back to California for my brother's wedding and Sam proposed about 2 hours after I got off the plane! Had no choice but to stay on the mainland! haha!


(Sam and I in front of the Laie Temple in Hawaii)

I am currently transfering to San Jose State. My major is in Photography. I have worked as a photographer for the magazine World Art Glass Quarterly for the passed few years. I love this field. I truly have a passion for photography...just wish I could take our own wedding photos!

I am absolutely in love with the man of my dreams. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of and more. Every day I fall more in love with him and realize how lucky I am. He keeps me laughing all the time. I am so grateful for the love that we have. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to be married in the Oakland Temple for time and all eternity and cannot wait for November 29th!

4 comments:

  1. You probably should have mentioned me a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks so it was a very pleasant surprise to find this sweet story. I especially enjoyed reading Brittany's life story as I am already familiar with Sam's. I only have one complaint...Sam how could you put those pics with all three of us kids. You could have picked ones with just cute little you! That was definitely not a cute stage for me, but I guess I can forgive you. Can't wait to be there for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany! I love the blog. Sam seems like a great guy, and you deserve nothing less. May I add, you are a gorgeous couple! Love you lots!
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete