Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bungee Jumping

Now that I finally have all the right photos moved on to our current computer, I decided to FINALLY catch up on our blog! So for the record, my next few posts will all be from last year. I am so sorry we took such a long hiatus.

One of our last few days in London, Sam and I rented a car to take a bunch of our stuff to storage for some friends who were moving to London the next month. So we decided to explore the area just a little bit more. Most notably, we drove down to Windsor (we had already seen the castle with Jason and Krista) and decided to go bungee jumping! The bungee place was right next to a cute lake in Bray. The whole area was so picturesque. This was something I have wanted to do since I was very young, but I'd always chickened out. They don't  have very many bungee jump sites in the U.S. anymore, so we decided we should go in the UK before we left! Here are some pictures of our experience (captions by Sam). We did a tandem 160-foot drop, and it was incredible!

Bray Lake near Windsor
Sam getting harnessed in
Nerves doing okay just before the ascent

Our launch point, from a crane 160 feet up
Last moment of nerves doing okay (Is that a koosh ball?)
Geronimo! (nerves shot)
Still nothing but gravity here
The required hug position provided a false sense of security.
Screams of excitement/pain (The head rush is a killer.)
Can ya bounce wit' me?
We agreed that, from now on, we'll only fight while suspended upside-down by our feet from a crane.
Eventually our bungee cord snapped, but they caught us. (not really)

As you can see it was a beautiful day for bungee jumping! We jumped through the UK Bungee Club for anyone else interested!

3 comments:

  1. Are you serious? That looks like the scariest thing in the world. Upside-down bungee jumping? I bet it was awesome but I would be freaked out. I'm not sure if the hugging position would help or hinder in that process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome, but I was definitely freaking out a bit when we were just about to jump! My back was facing the outside as we fell so I couldn't see a thing, which made it a lot scarier. The hugging definitely helped me! As Sam said it was a false sense of security, but I loved being able to cling to him! And hey we figured if the cord snapped at least we would die together! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not ever would I do something like this. Wow. I did go on a kiddie ride at the boardwalk with the kids. I was more scared than Sean... :)

    ReplyDelete