Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grandma Walton's Funeral

This was a really tough day for our whole family. One of the many WONDERFUL things our grandparents gave us, was a very close extended family. All growing up we had Sunday dinners at Grandma and Grandpa Walton's house with all of our cousins. Great Grandma and Grandpa Dahlin would come sometimes, too. It has been an amazing thing to be so close.

Growing up, I thought that was completely normal. I thought that everyone had their cousins live within 8 miles of them. I love that funerals, though such sad days, bring families back together. I also love that facebook and blogs help me keep up with my cousins' lives. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful family. Here are a few pictures of the day:

Our family, sans spouses

Two of my beautiful cousins--Jessica and Courtney--and me

Our aunts and uncles, sans Uncle Chuck (He is currently a mission president in Portugal.)

All of the cousins!

The girls!

The boys! (Man, there really are a LOT more Walton boys than girls!)

2 comments:

  1. Funerals are so bitter sweet huh, You are right that we are so lucky to have such a close family. I miss living close to all of you!

    ReplyDelete